If you have any questions not answered below, please email us at email@example.com. Answers to frequently asked questions will ultimately find their way here.
1. Can anybody download those new 5000+ eBooks you just added?
2. I just purchased an eBook, where is it? Why did it not download to my computer?
3. What kind of eBooks do you offer?
4. I used to be able to buy "eBook coupons" on your site. I can't find a way to do this anymore.
5. I have purchase a one year subscription to eBooksLib. There are some books that I cannot download. Why?
6. How do I know if an eBook has been published by eBooksLib?
7. What are the price of your eBooks?
8. What format should I choose?
9. How do I buy a book?
10. I've lost my login or password.
11. How do I find a particular eBook?
12. How many languages do you support?
13. I'm getting an error message when I try to purchase or download an eBook.
14. I want a refund.
Question. Can anybody download those new 5000+ eBooks you just added?
1. These new eBooks (added May 1st 2005) from more then a dozen different publishers are not available as a "free" download for those who have purchased a one year subscription. We are reselling them at a 10% discount. All 4,500 eBooks published by us do continue to be available "free" to those of you who have purchased a one year subscription.
2. These ebooks are protected and you will be redirected to the Mobipocket® website where you will have to register and/or login to your Mobipocket® account in order to download them to your computer. You still save 10% though!
Question. I just purchased an eBook, where is it? Why did it not download to my computer?
Answer. When you purchase a book you are redirected to a "Thank You" page that tells you that your eBook has been added to your "My Bookshelf". We also send you an email. All eBooks that you buy are stored in "My Bookshelf". The link is at the top center under "Welcome". To download your eBook, just click on "Download this eBook". There is also a download link in the details page of the eBook. If the eBook is one that we resell clicking on the download link will take you to the Mobipocket website. You will need to register and/or login to download your eBook. We think this extra step is worth the 10% discount that we offer on these eBooks.
Question. What kind of eBooks do you offer?
Answer. Around 10,000! Roughly 4,500 classics in the public domain, from Aristotle to Zola and close to 5000 contemporary from Dan Brown (The Da Vinci Code) to Neil Stephenson (The Diamond Age), along with Isaac Asimov, Arthur C. Clarke, Robert Ludlum, etc... There are just too many to list. Take a look at our authors and category lists. Our eBooks are not just in English, we also have eBooks in French (2000+), German (300+), Chinese, Russian etc..We even have bilingual eBooks.
Question. I used to be able to buy "eBook coupons" on your site. I can't find a way to do this anymore.
Answer. Our coupons methods confused too many buyers. Most did not buy coupons but chose instead to purchase an eBook directly. We received many emails from customers regarding this system. We have therefore eliminated the purchase of coupons in favour of a shopping cart. If you still have coupons, you can still used them to buy eBooks published by eBooksLib. Do note however that we have recently added 5,000 eBooks from publishers other then eBooksLib. We are reselling these eBooks to you at a 10% discount. These eBooks cannot be bought using the coupons system.
Question. I have purchase a one year subscription to eBooksLib. There are some books that I cannot download. Why?
Answer. Just like our old coupons sytem, subscription can only be used to download eBooks published by eBooksLib. We have recently added more then 5,000 eBooks, mostly contemporary authors from different publishing houses available in the mobipocket reader format only. We are reselling these eBooks at a 10% discount.
Question. How do I know if an eBook has been published by eBooksLib?
Answer. In the "details" page of that eBook, the publisher is listed under the eBook's résumé. eBooks published by eBooksLib are usually available in 8 different formats and are not copy protected. eBooks from other publishing houses are usually available in the mobipocket reader format only and are protected.
Question. What are the price of your eBooks?
Answer. eBooks published by eBooksLib are with a few exceptions available at around $3.99USD. The price of eBooks published by other publishing houses vary. The price of a book is clearly indicated at the bottom of its details page and in your shopping cart. In general prices for eBooks are around 30% less then the print price, and for eBooks that we resell there is an extra 10% off.
Question. What format should I choose?
Answer. Since all eBooks on our site are available in the mobipocket format, we recommend that format. eBooks published by us are available in 7 other formats, including Adobe Reader and Microsoft Reader. More information on eBooks format can be found here.
Question. How do I buy a book?
Answer. It is very simple. Just click on the "Buy this eBook" link in the category or titles lists or on the eBook detail page. If you need more detailed information take a look at this page.
Question. I've lost my login or password.
Answer. Your login is always your email adress. We never give it out, sell it or share it with anyone. If you have forgotten your password click on the "Forgot Password" on the login page. Your password will be sent to your email address. That is why we recommend that you use a valid email address for your login.
Question. How do I find a particular eBook?
Answer. If you know the author's name, use "Browse by authors" under "Navigation" on the left. Authors are listed alphabetically by their last name. You could also browse by titles again under "Navigation". If you are not too sure of the author's name or the title, or perhaps are just interested in a particular genre, use the categories lists under "Navigation". You may also use our "Quick Search". This search will be more extensive though and return all instances of the search term in all fields including the résumé. Be careful. Read its online help. (Hint: to search for a specific author use the following syntax: +LastName +FirstName, e.g. +King +Stephen will find Stephen King).
Question. How many languages do you support?
Answer. Our site is available in English or French. If you need to switch to the other language click on the country flag in the top center area next to "Welcome". But we also carry eBooks in many languages, not just English or French.. You can view those titles by choosing a language in the drop down box on the left. Please note that we only provide support in English or French.
Question. I'm getting an error message when I try to purchase or download an eBook.
1. Make sure that you are downloading the proper format and that you have the correct reader software installed on your computer. For more information on the different eBook format see this page.
2. Please follow the following links if you have trouble with your eBook reader or to find out how to transfer your eBook from your desktop to a portable device:
3. Email us. Please be very specific regarding your problem. Make note of any error messages and when and where you get them. It will take us much longer to help you if we receive an email saying simply "I can`t read that eBook", rather then one that tells us precisely what is happening. You should normally get an answer within 24 hours.
4. If you receive an error message while downloading your eBook from Mobipocket, please contact Mobipocket at Mobipocket Support. If you contact us, odds are we will simply have to forward your message to mobipocket and this will take more time for your problem to be resolved.
Question. I want a refund.
Answer. Refunds are only available for eBooks published by eBooksLib. Refunds are not available for eBooks that we resell. There are some free eBooks available on our site. You may use them to "test" your eBook reader, to see if everything works correctly. If you feel you still need a refund, please contact us with a valid reason.